Annie's Reviews > L.A. Candy

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

Jul 22, 2012

did not like it

To be honest I cannot tell you what was going through my head when I bought this book. For christmas my grandmother gave me a book voucher because she likes to conform to grandmother stereotypes; I was 15. I hate 15-year-old me. However sometimes I don't because even then, at that naive stage of adolescence when everything I said was silly and my hobbies included attacking my own face with eyeliner and bronzer, I still hated this book. I still thought it was a revolting excuse for a novel and an extremely large waste of paper. I have a right mind to send Lauren Conrad a sternly worded email tell her to STOP IT. I couldn't finish it. I was insanely bored trying to read the first sentence.

In a sense I'm quite glad i attempted to read it though because in hindsight I think this may have been a turning point for the 15-year-old me. I think that this book helped me realise that I hate the great deal of importance Lauren Conrad places on her trivial problems that aren't problems.

Overall this made me want to be the complete oposite of Lauren and she can expect a knock on the door from me because I'm still pretty angry at her.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read L.A. Candy.

Finished Reading