Abdul's Reviews > The Interpretation of Murder

The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

M 50x66
Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: random

The Interpretation of murder is a story shrouded in mystery, ill will, and love. It's about an up-and-coming detective pairing with a band of infamous psychiatrists and psychoanalysts such as Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. This book is not your usual crime novel; it's synopsis does not do it justice.

My initial reaction from reading this piece of literature was pure fascination. This novel has a multitude of stories within it; the plot divides into a number of miniature plots, each working to hook the reader deeper and deeper into the book. I was particularly interested in the "conflict" Freud creates against another character in the story. Also, the love angle of the story proves to be both entertaining and tragic.

The cons of this story is the suspense of the novel; you can never tell exactly who's the bad guy. You can always muse about who's the real criminal, but you'll never understand the reason behind his/her motives until you read it yourselves. Also, the beginning of the novel is a bit slow in my opinion. However, when everything's in place, the book suddenly becomes incredibly compelling.

Hope you enjoy reading it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Interpretation of Murder.