Maritess's Reviews > Oh, the Places You'll Go! Deluxe Edition

Oh, the Places You'll Go! Deluxe Edition by Dr. Seuss

Nov 11, 2008

Awesome book, BUT

When my sister graduated from her fancy shmancy Ivy League school, the head of the dept of Energy gave the commencement speech.

The bonehead TOTALLY based the speech on this book.

Um, needless to say, by my reaction, I was not impressed, so please I beg everyone here, if you make it to the big time, DO NOT QUOTE THIS BOOK, people will make fun of you for years. I know that it was possibly the flimsiest commencement speech I've ever seen, and dudes, I've been to KINDERGARTEN graduations that had more pith.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh, the Places You'll Go! Deluxe Edition.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Jessica Maritesse, I hope the commencement speech did not ruin this book for you.

This is one of my favorite Seuss books (but many are).

Cassandra Whatever, I'm basing my valedictorian speech on this book. I was actually planning on just reading it, but I don't think my principal will approve that.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Maritess, unfortunately I think you missed the whole point of this book, Dr. Suess's message and the message the speaker was obviously trying to pass along. I've always thought it would make for great quotes during a commencement speech, no matter how fancy the school.

Erika This book was given to my son by his mentor when he was leaving school. It was a wonderful gift.