Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > B Clones

B Clones by Laurann Dohner

Laurann Dohner is back with a new series. She's reaching back into her bag of tricks and pulling out clones now. And similar to her last two New Species books, this is a two-in-one novel.

It's the year 2141, and Clone World Inc has become the premier place to satisfy one's needs for all things in the world of cloning. They can make anything. With the legal comes the illegal, which is how Gemma wakes up 121 years in the future in a new body, confused and gladly surrendering to the space pirate who has come to board and salvage her ship and who promises to explain everything to her. She's dreaming, so it's safe to go with sexy strangers--there are no serial killers in her coma induced dreams.

The two male clones introduced are Big and Blade--clearly Dohner names, and while we are at it, we have clearly Dohner female names with A,E,I,O,U and sometimes Y --> Gemma and Hailey.

Big and Blade are sort of the same character. It's not until far into Blade's story that I started to feel like each character was differentiated from one another. And then when next to one another, yeah, it was easier.

I do like Gemma a lot. And Hailey as well. Gemma is a freaking hoot when she meets up with Hailey.

But, I did come away scratching my head about the things in this book that I always do from Laurann Dohner's books. Where do these people get all this space milk, and how did so many cows escape global warming. And with how these peeps are eating them, are they long for extinction? I mean, really?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read B Clones.

January 2, 2021 – Started Reading