Susan's Reviews > The Alloy of Law

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

1951999
Jul 21, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Ahhhhh... and then to sink my teeth into a book by a master. Brandon Sanderson has to be one of the best authors out there these days.

He writes characters so real they climb right out of the pages and into your head and your living room. His worlds exist with breadth and depth far beyond simply the confines of the story that he is telling. I finished reading this novel (a good hour past when I needed to go to bed that night, but I simply *couldn't* stop that close to the end) and wanted to either start back over on this one or, better yet, go re-read the first three Mistborn novels and THEN go re-read this one.

I did have accurate guesses about a few of the mysteries in this story before they were revealed, but there were plenty of surprises as well, and figuring out the hows and whys and seeing the characters work it out was fun enough that I didn't care that I had guessed right beforehand. The process is usually more fun than the result anyway.

Brandon Sanderson should be very, very high on your To Read list if you like fantasy. Check him out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alloy of Law.