Leslie's Reviews > First Frost

First Frost by Jennifer Estep

Jul 21, 2012

liked it
Read from July 15 to 16, 2012

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series but didn’t really know she wrote anything else.

The Mythos Academy series is about Gwen Frost, a gypsy who has the ability to see people’s memories after touching their personal items. After she suffers a personal loss she is sent to a school for kids with special gifts—and it is there that she realizes that she isn’t the only one who can do things that seem out of the ordinary.

I can say that I will continue the series, and have already started on book#1, but when I am reading Mythos Academy the writing doesn’t feel like it’s coming from the same author that wrote the Elemental Assassin series. This is a YA series so that can be the reason. It’s not that I think it’s written badly, just choppy in some places…but the main character is like I said a youth, of 17 years old so that is probably the reason why.

The main character is likeable, and the academy seems like an interesting place, so I look forward to the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Frost.