Tanya's Reviews > Dante's Girl

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Jul 21, 2012

Cute book. I laughed out loud quite a bit. Maybe a little corny for me. I thought at first it I was dealing with summer before college characters and then later realized they were still in high school - ehh - made it a little less realistic/enjoyable for me. I tend to like more mature YA romances. If the characters are younger, I prefer the romance to be secondary to a bigger plot item. But that's just my preference as I'm older and probably not the target audience. I loved the MC, Reece, but I wasn't as smitten with her love interest, Dante, as I was expecting to be based on reviews. Again, I'm not a high school girl. I still don't understand Dante's relationship with Elena. He didn't act like he was dating her but then felt the need to break up with her?? I made me like him less because until that point, I just figured Elena wanted him but the feeling wasn't necessarily mutual. He certainly wasn't behaving like a respectful boyfriend so who would want him? That's mature me speaking - high school me probably would have been dazzled. If you're in the mood for a PG fairy tale romance with some laughs, give this a go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante's Girl.