Bill Krieger's Reviews > HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites

HTML and CSS by Jon Duckett

I had some website work to do, and I decided to do it "right" (just to be clear... those are sarcastic quotes). The "right" (again) way to do website is to separate form form content by using HTML combined with CSS. Now, CSS is pretty obnoxious, but once you climb the learning curve, it is an attractive model.

So, I grabbed this book. It is awesome.

+ It's both a how-to and a reference book.

+ It's introductory and has more in-depth information.

+ It looks great with tons of color examples.

+ It has the code to create each example right there for you.

+ It has answered every question that I've bumped into.

+ It has a great index with a couple of reference sections like CSS properties.

This is one of the best tech books I've used. "A nicer way to learn"... so the author says on his website. Huzzah to that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read HTML and CSS.

Started Reading
July 21, 2012 – Shelved
July 21, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Thiyagarajan (new)

Thiyagarajan Thiyagarajan Is this book suitable for new beginners?

Bill Krieger Hi Thi,

Good question. My answer: Almost. If you have absolutely NO hmtl or css experience, I would recommend you find a tutorial or two to get at least some understanding. Then, this book is great for going deeper, as a reference, and getting some examples.

Beware - this book is now 6 years old, so it's a little dated on things like Frameworks (aka Bootstrap), mobile-first approach, and more modern web page design, etc.
Thanks, Bill

Thiyagarajan wrote: "Is this book suitable for new beginners?"

message 3: by Thiyagarajan (new)

Thiyagarajan Thiyagarajan Ok thanks for your reply Bill. :)

Bill wrote: "Hi Thi,