Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series

Magic and Metaphysics Academy by Laura Greenwood

I picked the Magic & Metaphysics Academy series up because I enjoyed the Valentine Pride series, and both series are in the same world. The Academy series is set years after the Valentine Pride events, and the characters do make references to the alphas of the Mountain Shifters.

I wished for more from this series. The story lacks depth. Lou's surface story is she is homeschooled and goes to Magic & Metaphysics Academy, which is her first experience with school and social hierarchies. This, of course, is a rocky start filled with landmines. Soon she finds herself the center of a love quadrangle and the target of the school's mean girl.

But this story never grows feet and goes anywhere fun. It stagnates on the relationships, riffing on the plot of the movie Mean Girls, and fails to develop a reason for the reader to care for Lou.

All that said, I did enjoy the dynamics between the mates. I'm rarely interested in vamps, but I loved Francis and Lou together. Their passion was super hot. And I liked Lou with Sadie and Madison.

Still, I think that given an option, I would recommend you read Valentine Pride over this. It's got humor and steaminess that this is missing.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic and Metaphysics Academy.

January 1, 2021 – Started Reading