Megan's Reviews > Demons

Demons by Heather Frost

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: review-books, young-adult, supernatural, e-book, fall-into-reading-2012, 2013-electric-lime, jc-dystopian-spell-out, read-in-2013, green-covers
Read from July 23 to 30, 2013

WOW! What a way to end of book! I am so glad that I waited as long as I did to read this book, because had I read this one as soon as I got it I would have screamed at this ending and been so annoyed at having to wait so long to read the third and final book!

Demons is the second book Seers trilogy and it picks up right where Seers left off.

Lee and Toni were even more fun in this book. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's true.

The relationship between Patrick and Kate while great is a little too much on the physical side, they kiss a lot, of which I would have preferred there be less. They haven't know one another all that long and it just seemed like too much, too soon. Yes, in the first book they went through a lot of intense things together, but I still didn't like have quickly that part of their relationship progressed - though I was glad that all they did was kiss. I also felt really badly for Aaron. Here his girlfriend breaks up with him and not even a full week later she's super affectionate with another guy.

My favorite parts of this book were the flashback scenes in Ireland. I love seeing Patrick while he was still mortal. I'm hoping that there will be more of these in the final book.

I also loved the lack of bad language. When a character cursed all it would say is something like "he cursed" or "he used colorful language". And when actual words were used it was things like "Oh my Oreos" or "darn". I know some people might not appreciate this, but I think cursing in books is completely unnecessary and this books is one of many that shows you don't need it in there to convey the same meaning.

If you've read Seers and plan on reading Demons be prepared to want to read the next book immediately after finishing this one.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons.

09/15/2012 page 186