Melliane's Reviews > The Shifting Price of Prey

The Shifting Price of Prey by Suzanne McLeod

Jul 21, 2012

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was very impatient to read this book, I really love the Spellcrackers.com series and it’s always a real pleasure to get into a new adventure. I have to say that many things always happen in the Genny’s life, and this book is the perfect example. It’s a series that is in constant evolution and I think that each book is better than the last one. So I’m sure you know now, as I already loved the third book, this one was really awesome.

Genny thinks she is tranquil now that they have found the pendant but she is far from suspecting what will fall on her. Indeed, the fate will turn against her and she will eventually have to seek out a lasting solution for the Faes fertility. But all this will cause her to rub the danger, more than we might think. Genevieve will be caught up in a quest combining intriguing plots, betrayal, love and hope. How can we not be swept away by the ideas of Suzanne McLeod? Especially when so many things happen here, events we've been waiting a long time. Would I dare to say there is a progress in the love stories of our heroine? I was completely thrilled by that. Because yes, it means more Malik and Finn! YAY, okay I'm not very objective but I am totally a fan of Malik, what do you expect? The reverse would be impossible. Team Malik!!! Would I dare to say that we finally have a real meeting with Bastian? Yes, really! I was waiting for this meeting from the start of the series and I was a little afraid to be disappointed after all this time. Admittedly, this is a very important event. And no, I finally loved it, everything we had imagined can’t surpass this meeting. I’m sure it’s not very pleasant for our heroine, even far from that, but I really loved to have an interaction between these two characters.

This fourth book is full of wonderful surprises and Genny has to learn how to deal with all her greatest fears, which will also allow her to evolve a little more in her life. It was very interesting to follow her here and to see all the problems she had. And above all, to see how she managed to resolve each situation. Many answers were finally revealed, but of course come new questions and Genevieve will have to deal with many things in the next volume. I'm really going to wait again with great anticipation to see what the next book reserves for us as I am sure we will have many surprises.

Well I think you understand, if you want a good Urban Fantasy series, I can only recommend this one that will allow you to discover a world full of magic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shifting Price of Prey.

July 21, 2012 – Started Reading