Sofia's Reviews > Taking Shots

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo

liked it

“Oh, please! Like I care if I make you jealous!”

“You know you do!”

“You’re acting like an idiot!”

“Damn right, love does this to a person!”
Elli and Shea

Wow!!!Taking Shots was way different from the second book in the series Trying to Score.Wondering how I know that?Well,when I first saw the series I was more interested in reading the second than the first book and now I see how right I had been.Although there were times that I really liked the book I wanted to so much to kill Elli(she's so insecure).
Shea Adler,a hockey player for Nashville Assassins,has it all except from what he really wants.When he meets Elli Fisher he knows she's the one.Photographer Elli Fisher is shy,whiny and extremely insecure.And rich.Did I mention that her family owns Nashville Assassins!!After a horrible illness that left her with extra weight,Elli thinks that she's unable of doing anything,even being loved.Well,on one hand her behavior is justifiable as the only thing her mother
is capable of is reminding her not to eat much in case she gains weight again.On the other hand,though,she is twenty eight years old and still cares what people say about her,even when Shea tells her over and over again that
he loves her just the way she is,she still insists that she isn't good enough for him.What can I say?I envy Shea's patience.
Nevertheless,it wasn't just the Elli that bothered me but the lenght of the book was too long.Not that I didn't like it but I felt that there were times that the book repeated itself.For example,when Shea had to live for the game.It was always the same thing he left,they were both unhappy,they texted each other,they were both annoying and when he came instead of being happy they quarreled,a lot.Poor Shea...
I have to say that if I were to choose between the first and the second book,I would definatelly choose the second one.
I would only recommend this book to those who really love a good romance.

First posted on: http://sofialovesreading.blogspot.gr/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Shots.

Quotes Sofia Liked

Toni Aleo
“I was trying to get over you! And it didn’t work. I was meant to walk on this earth with only you, I was meant to give only you every piece of me. I don’t want anyone but you. I love you.”

Toni Aleo
“Don’t ever leave me again. Love only me, for the rest of our lives. Move into our house, make love to me every night, and make babies with me, Elli. Please, because being with you made me a better man, and I could never love anyone the way I love you. So please, marry me.”

Toni Aleo
“That’s not what drew me to you, it was your eyes…and your ass.”

“Elli, don’t cry!”
“I’m sorry,” she said, sniffing as she tried to stop crying, “You’re like a dream, Shea, no one does that anymore.”
“Sure they do, come here.”
She went into his arms willingly, rubbing her nose against his shirt, taking in his heavenly scent.
“I meant every word, Elli. You’re amazing.”
How in the world did she get so lucky?
And why couldn’t she believe him?”

Toni Aleo
“Elli couldn’t help it, she had to. She smiled before saying, “Nothing much, but Shea?”
“Yeah?” he asked wearily as she smirked up at him.
“I’ll never break your heart. I’ll never make you cry,” she continued to sing the chorus of the well known Backstreet Boys song as Shea turned beet red with embarrassment.
“Grace, I swear I’m going to kill you!” Shea yelled.”

“Say it again.”
She giggled before she said, “I love you.”
“Oh, baby, I love you. More than you’ll ever know.”

July 21, 2012 – Started Reading
July 21, 2012 – Shelved
July 22, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Amanda This sounds very similar to my experience with the book. I was hoping I wasn't the only one because of all the glowing reviews it received.

Sofia Amanda wrote: "This sounds very similar to my experience with the book. I was hoping I wasn't the only one because of all the glowing reviews it received."

Yeah!!!This book wasn't what I expected it to be.Nevertheless,the second one is much better...

LBell I could not agree more. Elli drove me absolutely nuts. I wanted to hit her upside the head.

Sofia Lani wrote: "I could not agree more. Elli drove me absolutely nuts. I wanted to hit her upside the head."

Tell me about it!!!!!She was so insecure....