Robert Tabb's Reviews > Airman

Airman by Eoin Colfer

Jul 20, 2012

Read in November, 2010

My wife mentioned the other day that I am "all about the ending" when it comes to books or movies. And that is why I can't bring myself to give Airman 5 stars even though it is one of the most enjoyable books I've read.

A royal romance, a plot to overthrow the government, a prison break, and high-flying (literally - of course everything in a book is literal) adventure, and awesome names (Declan Brokehart is such a cool name) abound in this wonderfully written adventure following Conor Brokehart's tale of tragedy and triumph.

Colfer made me care about the characters and kept me turning pages. And while I wanted Conor to get out of trouble as quickly as possible, Colfer did a wonderful job of not rushing events or escapes. The good guys are good, the bad guys are bad, and the settings are cold and suitable for the plot to unfold.

My only problem was that after being totally engrossed in the first 9/10 of the book the last bit left me going "that's how it wraps up?" I just wanted more from the ending. Otherwise Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Airman.