Kristina's Reviews > The Sweetest Spell

Jul 20, 2012

bookshelves: arc, review, own

What I Loved
Story
In this world chocolate isn't created from cocoa beans, but with magic and that magic has disappeared from the world. Gasp, a world without chocolate isn't some place I could live happily. Our wonderful character Emmeline the dirt-scratcher people of the kingdom has been given the gift to make precious chocolate and now every greedy hand wants her. From beginning to end I didn't want to put this book down, I was completely entranced with every bitter and sweet moment that happens to Emmeline on her journey.
Characters
Emmeline Thistle: Not the common perfect character we usually read, but a girl reject by everyone in her village because of her misshapen foot and odd affinity with cows. Even with everyone treating her like trash she still has remained sweet and kinda, in a way a little of a Cinderella story. She won't let anyone or anything break her spirit and I love that about her, she is a wonderful character.
Owen Oak: What a wonderful guy and I love that he doesn't judge people. His passion and protect instincts are admirable.
Romance
There isn't romance in the since of kissing and actually showing attraction towards each other, but internal feelings that have yet to be expressed towards the other.
Stand Alone
I believe this is a stand alone book. I love reading single novels without series, with how many books I have that are series I enjoy reading individual books.

Didn't Like
Nothing, I just hope Suzanne writes more fairy-tale stories like this.

Recommendation
Great read for all those who love to read fairytales and love those sweet stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetest Spell.

July 19, 2012 – Started Reading