Mary's Reviews > Trust Your Eyes

Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay

Jul 20, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 05 to 12, 2012

If you enjoy thrillers this book will definitely not disappoint. It is one of those books you can't seem to put down. In fact I debated giving it five stars-the only thing that kept me from doing so was that there were certain times the story jumped backward in time without warning or pause.

I loved the two characters Thomas and Ray brothers who reminded me of the story Rainman. They are very engaging and as a reader you will enjoy them immensely. Thomas is a troubled genius with a psychiatric history. He spends his days on the Internet memorizing city streets and maps for what he believes in preparation for a computer virus that will wipe out all maps. With a father who has recently passed away, Ray is dealing with the estate and taking care of his brother who suddenly stumbles into some intrigue when he sees a picture of a murder in a window on the map application he uses all day every day. The brothers are pulled deep into the mystery and you get pulled into the story of the murder victim, some interesting mobsters, and a political campaign.

Overall, this is a fast paced and interesting story with a lot of nice plot twists. Well worth the read!

Reader received a complimentary copy from Good Reads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust Your Eyes.