Librarian Judith's Reviews > A Song For Another Day

A Song For Another Day by Maria Imbalzano

19893934

bookshelves: contemporary, romance
Read 2 times. Last read December 30, 2020.

I really enjoyed this novella from Maria Imbalzano. I've never had the pleasure of reading anything by her previously, but I'll have to rectify that. She is a very skilled author with the ability to paint a picture with her words. Skillfully using all the senses, she puts the reader right into the story and has it play like a movie through your mind.

It honestly took me a little bit to warm up to Gigi. I get she's a big-city woman, but much of her attitude came across as snobbish and superior to me. Thankfully, her interactions with Nate, from the very start, show that she is also a warm, caring person. With him (a person from her past) she's relaxed and can be more herself, I think.

I did like Jason very much. He has his issues, to be sure, but he's just a solid, good man. He wants to do what he loves, but has a lot to get past, first. It's an interesting twist on the norm: a confident, ambitious heroine and a hero who lacks confidence and drive. As the story progresses, you can definitely see how they complement each other, one providing what the other needs. While, largely due to the length of the story (and of her work commitment to the town), they fall in love pretty quickly, I still both enjoyed and believe their story.

I'm glad I had the chance to read this story. Maria Imbalzano is definitely an author to keep an eye out for. I'm rating this 4 solid stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Song For Another Day.

Finished Reading