Debbie's Reviews > These Things Hidden

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

Jul 19, 2012

it was ok
Read from January 27 to February 02, 2013

First of all....does anyone have their books edited anymore???? So many missing words, very annoying. It brings the story to a complete stop.
Also, huge amature mistake, in one part of the story, Claire has coffee and a donut waiting for Allison, they exchange greetings , then Claire says, let's go across the street and eat (?) and then they order lunch....weren't you just having coffee and donuts 2 sentences ago!
The story itself was interesting enough, albeit disturbing. I did not like the ending, it felt rushed. I wish the author would have delved more into the psychological disturbances that affected the girls as a result of the poor parenting. She really started to get there with Allison's descriptions of panic attacks, nightmares, vomiting before tests. But it wasn't enough to create any sympathy for either Allison or Brynn.
There are some very eloquent descriptions through out the book. I especially liked Charm's thoughts about the word daughter. That will stick with me for a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Things Hidden.

01/27/2013 page 1