Rebecca's Reviews > Top of the Rock: Inside the Rise and Fall of Must See TV

Jul 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: tv
Read in June, 2012

I love me a good tv anthology book. Give me a tomb about any time in TV history (in my lifetime) and I'll gobble it up. This one was about the height of Must-See-TV on NBC back in the 90's. Even though "technically" it was written by Warren Littlefield, it was definitely more like the SNL and Second City anthologies that came out a while back, but Warren probably wrote the most and it was about his time on the network, but there were loads of peoples opinions in it.

It was an okay read. Like some of the comments that I have read said, I wish it talked more about the failures instead of just pretty much only about the successes. I did like the things I didn't know much about, like all the stuff in the 80's with Cheers and the Cosby show. Even though the book was long, it was a very quick read and I actually felt like it didn't have enough details on shows. Like there could have been a book each about every single show. Now that I would read. For the most part, this book was nothing new, nothing a huge TV fan didn't already know. But an okay read non-the-less. Mainly because even though it was huge and long, it read quickly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Top of the Rock.