Jessica's Reviews > Weep No More, My Lady

Weep No More, My Lady by Mary Higgins Clark

Nov 09, 2008

** spoiler alert ** There are so many reasons why I love this book, and why I've read it more than half a dozen times. I was a big MHC fan for a while, and this was my hands-down favorite.

Conflicted and grieving Elizabeth runs to her friends and the relative safety of Monterey, California before having to face in court the man she thought was going to be her brother-in-law, for the charge of murdering Elizabeth's only sister.

It did seem that all the characters in the story were a little more dense than I'd hope most people would be, but maybe that added to the suspense. I remember figuring out the ending, knowing that Ted was not guilty before it all clicked for everyone else, but that didn't detract from the story for some reason.

Maybe it's because I'm so in love with the city of Monterey, and transported myself there each time I read it. Maybe it's because I was so fond of Elizabeth's strength and identified, on some level, with her struggle. Whatever the reason, I adored this novel, and would always go back to it when I needed something I was familiar with to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weep No More, My Lady.