Jim's Reviews > The Alexandria Link

The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry

Jul 19, 2012

I always enjoy Steve Berry's novel's just to get to the end to see what he perceives is fact and what he imagines in telling the story. At the Alexandria Link is no different. I've read them a bit out our sequence so I have Cotton Malone doing one thing in a book and then backtracking. One of the things that always intrigues me is when a novel is based on a "fact" that if known would change how we perceive the world. For example, in the Alexandria Link, the issue is what would happen if the Arabs knew that ancient Hebrews dwelled in Saudi Arabia rather than "Palestine". Thus the claim for a homeland in present day Israel/Palestine is a specious claim. It's fun for a yarn, but any one who has done any work in biblical research... is never bothered by claims of myth, location questions... Now literalists might have problems and go ballistic. But the rest of us are simply curious, and understand that the narratives still hold "true" because of what they say about God and God's relationship to humanity. Oh well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alexandria Link.

July 19, 2012 – Shelved