Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Tempting Danger

Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

Nov 08, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: asian-hero-or-heroine, urban-fantasy, werewolf, occult-detective, part-of-a-series, police-federal-agent-law-enforcemen, supernatural-abilities, fated-to-be-mated, royalty
Recommended for: Fans of werewolf novels with occult detective elements
Read in January, 2007

Lily is a great protagonist. I love that the elements of her Chinese-American heritage were well-integrated into this story. I love her no-nonsense, down to earth, cop personality, but also that she is open-minded enough to appreciate her gifts and to realize that there are things that go bump in the night.

The aspect of the werewolf society took a unique, but confusing term. I like that Ms. Wilks built a culture, complete with a separate religion for the werewolves. They are very earthy and sensual, and not just in a sexual way.

Rule, I haven't made up my mind about him. I am not sure I really like him yet. He's very morally ambiguous and almost detached in some ways, other than his primal werewolf nature. All I got to know about him were aspects that didn't appeal to me. I am not sure that I feel he's a good mate for Lily, but time will tell.

I enjoyed this book enough to continue reading the series. I like it moreso as an urban fantasy than a romance, and as a good werewolf novel. I wasn't really feeling the appeal of Rule as a romantic hero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Danger.

02/04/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by MrsJoseph (new) - added it

MrsJoseph Would you recommend this to me? I'm a little iffy.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I'm not sure. I know some of my friends liked it a lot, but I thought it was just decent as far as UF. More focus on the mystery/suspense, and the magic elements are subtle. The werewolf elements take a different direction that I didn't 100% love but it's unique. It's definitely not an upbeat kind of book.

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Aug 11, 2011 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shannon C. I love this series and it gets better as it goes along. Starts out very good and is great later on. Rule & Lily's romance develops over the series. I grew to love him as a leading man, even though I wasn't too sure about him in book one. I agree w/Danielle that I liked Lily right from the start. She's a great heroine. There are some especially romantic scenes that happen later in the series that have stayed with me long after putting down the books. It's a frequent reread series for me. Also so far two other couples have gotten their HEAs. I really like the other couples also. Hope that helps!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Shannon, I'm glad to hear that Rule grows on you. I think I like Cullen more just from the first book.