Miz's Reviews > Roma Arroyo

Roma Arroyo by Jackie Phillips

Jul 19, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: abandoned-or-and-just-not-for-me

I won this book through GoodReads. It is tiny with large font. Similar to a mills and boon size book and large font. Now don't get me wrong, as I love me a good mills and boon! But after wading through four pages of "praise" about her previous non-fiction book (Renting With Rex) and six pages of acknowledgements to her four dogs, I just couldn't sink my teeth into the historic story at all. I'll give this away on BookCrossing and hope that someone else has better luck than me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roma Arroyo.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am sorry Miranda is unhappy. It doesn't sound like she even read the book at all. She is exaggerating just a bit about the reviews for Renting with Rex and my "Acknowledgement" page.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The book size is standard mass market paperback. Being self published I had to be competitive in price with the mass market paperback.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

There are two pages of reviews for Renting with Rex, one page, double side of Dedications, and one and a half pages to my editor and cover designer.

message 4: by Miz (new) - rated it 1 star

Miz Hi Jackie - I'm sorry you're disappointed with my review but well done on your publishing your second book. As I mention above, I'll pass it onto someone else who hopefully enjoys it :) All the best.