Princess's Reviews > Lottery

Lottery by Patricia Wood

Nov 08, 2008

Perry is not retarded. Perry is slow. Perry buys lotto tickets with his Gram each week and after she dies, he wins. And then his family comes out of the woodwork. But Perry is not retarded. Perry wants to be a businessman. Perry makes good decisions. Perry knows that love is important and money is just money.

I read this book cover to cover in one sitting. I thought there was too much swearing and there are some explicit sex scenes. I loved the cast of characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lottery.

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy hello i see you wrote the word RETARD . plus you have a child in your picture i don't think you want to teach your kid that word. plus do you want people to call your kids that .

Princess Betsy -- the character Perry describes HIMSELF using that word. It is a KEY part of HIS self identity. Please refrain from brash judgments of my character.

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy People with disabilities don't like or use that word they say we are human and slow and normal like all that's why I don't like when people or author use it

Princess Have you actually read the book?

Maggie Marconi In the review, what she actually says is that Perry is NOT retarded.

Excellent review. I loved this book.