Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > Blood and Stars

Blood and Stars by Jaime Lee Mann

bookshelves: fantasy, ya, middle-school-age, high-school-age

This is the fifth book in a series, Legend of Rhyme. As it is aimed at readers between 12 and 16, I had one of our middle school students read this and provide his thoughts. He did not read the first four books, although one of his fellow peers has read them. He felt a bit confused with some of the happenings which I contribute to having not read the previous installments. The writing is good, with only a few typos, and age appropriate and the characters seem realistic and relatable. He did find it confusing where the characters stood since it seemed they switched opinions frequently but this may make sense for someone who has followed them along from the start. He mentioned the poem giving some information about what has happened in previous installments being somewhat helpful. Overall, we agree that this series would make a good addition to a school or home library. Since he enjoyed the read, finished the book, and asked for the entire series, I feel it is deserving of four stars: "really liked it"
We received a temporary digital copy in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley. This in no way influenced his opinion, which belongs solely to him. No other means of compensation were provided.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Stars.

Finished Reading