Wminbc's Reviews > Creed

Creed by Kristen Ashley

2202962

As a qualifier...I have NEVER re-read this story. I still, even now nearly 4 years later, hate Creed. I hate what he did to Sylvie even more now than I did in 2012. I have not forgiven him and I don't believe I ever will...I have re-read Knight numerous times, and Sweet Dreams going on 12 times...but this one...never.

Love and devotion…what do those two words really mean. Throughout the story characters ask, "Do you know what love is?" Time and time again there are examples of love. Love is patient, love is kind, love does not boast or gloat, love need not be two sided, love is never jealous, love is always healing…

Devotion, like love, is wonderfully examplified within this story. Knight with Sylvie, Sylvie with the girls, Rhas with Pip, Live with Knight…on and on…but (and READ a HUGE BUT here) just because you tattoo someone's name on your body does not mean you are devoted to them. The symbolism of it being on the back all the more points to the secure knowledge that the person named on your back…Has your back, but does not speak to whether or not you have their back!

This was my critique with Creed. I went from being pissed off at him, to furious wishing to cause bodily harm, to utterly and completely disappointed in him. Not to give any spoilers, but the reader needs to decide for themselves how much they could take…and my cudos to Sylvie, because she could take a lot more than I ever could. But, then…she truly loved Creed.

Creed, I still firmly do not believe that he loves Sylvie the same way she loves him. If he truly did, he would never, could never have married another woman and given her babies. His selfishness after said babies arrived were all man being man (so no point on dwelling on the kids). But seriously, if he truly loved Sylvie, he would have become a player, messed around, maybe even spend more than one night with a few of them…but he never would have married some one other than his "it". That off my chest, I do believe that Creed believes he loves Sylvie. And, Sylvie believes it now. And, he will be thinking and dreaming of Sylvie while he is with her, so all good.

The story was a GREAT story…don't get me wrong. I loved Sylvie and the story and the weave that Ms Ashley wove…I just really hated Creed for most of the story. I was really disappointed that he didn't go back to salt his own wounded heart and get photos or proof that Sylvie was happier without him. That would have shown his love…selfless, giving, generous love would have done that and would have discovered the wasteland that was Sylvie's life. Personally, I would rather be alone than ever settle. I would never give my body or my heart away to someone unless I truly believed they were it. Maybe that is my issue. "For You" had me just as passionate. The reason is the same. Once you have had perfection, a place where your soul knows peace...how could you ever even want to be happy again? Yes, Sylvie forgave him...doesn't mean I have to...Loved the book and loved feeling all those jumbles for Sylvie and for Creed.

It is only a great book that can evoke that kind of passion and devotion from the reader! I love Sylvie, I've got her back and if she needs me as a dula or lacation consultant, I am there babe! Love the Epilogue (of course)...but also, I would want to drive too...that irked me too! LOL

Reviewed (passionately) by Me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creed.

Quotes Wminbc Liked

Kristen Ashley
“But me, my jeans, tank, boots and socks, commando and braless, walked right out the door and, like we had many, many times before, we took on the night.”

Kristen Ashley
“I stopped opposite the counter and looked back up at him. “Have I told you you’re an asshole today?”
“You just got up, so, no.”
“You’re an asshole.”
He grinned again.”

Kristen Ashley
“I would work with him to make Knight’s troubles go away. In the meantime, I could jump a hot guy whenever I felt like it.
This was not a bad deal.”

Kristen Ashley
“Then and now, beautiful, I’ll take you any way you come to me … Any way. I love this Sylvie, I loved that Sylvie. I just love you, baby.”

July 18, 2012 – Shelved
August 23, 2012 – Started Reading
August 29, 2012 –
0.0% ""Kissing, though ... that you did\n only because you had something to say that words didn't\n quite do it for. That meant feelings and messiness.”\n Cannot wait for the kissing to start!"
September 13, 2012 –
0.0% "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! Sing with my Rock Chicks!"
September 15, 2012 –
0.0% "Okay...let's get into this already!"
September 15, 2012 –
0.0% "Oh, no he didn't??? Yup, he did, and then I burst into tears at the hairdresser! Lucky for me she is a reader like me who invests in a book. FYI, she is buying Creed after work today along with The Gamble and Sweet Dreams! Another convert!"
September 16, 2012 –
65.0% "I still don't get it??? Why did he hook up with Chelle after four years??? Men just move on and say, yup, heart belongs elsewhere, but I'll f$&* this one anyway???"
September 18, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag Thanks so much~I didn't know she had this up on her site. OMG...I can't wait to read this book!!! It is going to be so good!!! :) Knight *sigh*

Kristal I'm so glad someone else had the same reaction as I did...I worried I wouldn't like Sylvie but now I'm ready to deliver a "Knight-style" message to Creed myself. He'll have to work hard to earn my Sylvie!

Angela I couldn't agree more! When I read that part you are talking about, it felt like a punch in the gut!

Kristen I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ass excuse it's not going to go over well with me.

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag Kristen wrote: "I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ass excuse it's not going to go over well with me."

OMG...You know KA she always makes you HATE the hero in the beginning and then you can't help but LOVE him!!! But in this book I think I might like Sylvie more then Creed!!

message 6: by Wminbc (last edited Sep 13, 2012 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wminbc Mariann wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ass excuse it's not going to go ..."

Oh man...did you read my review of For You...that book was a killer...I was so emotionated! New KA word...when KA churns up your life and your feelings to the point of collapse or release: emotionated!

message 7: by Kristen (last edited Sep 13, 2012 02:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Mariann wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ass excuse it's not going to go ..."

Me too! I already love her! It's funny because I know KA is worried about fans not liking her but I don't think she needs to worry about Sylvie. It's Creed that may end up being the biggest issue for readers. I really hope he can win me over. He's in the dog house as of right now. Lol.

Wminbc Kristen wrote: "Mariann wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ass excuse it's ..."

Totally...but in For You, I was so mad at her! My reflection took time...but so far, I just don't see how I could not love Sylvie??? Other than her name which is so close to the dragon demon that married my dad! but what ev's...Maybe Sylvie has some dark secrets that we are gonna find upsetting???

Wminbc S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y...COME FASTER!

Kristen Wminbc wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Mariann wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I really hope Creed has a good excuse for being gone so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to like him, but if he has a lame ..."

So true. I can't wait for Sat. I can see KA releasing the tomorrow. She does awesome things like that. My whole weekend will be spent reading. Squeeee.

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag I didn't read For You~that is the only one I haven't read. I didn't know if I would like it. I was saving it for later. I am addicted to KA but that book seemed a little more gruesome and dark than then her others.

Wminbc Mariann wrote: "I didn't read For You~that is the only one I haven't read. I didn't know if I would like it. I was saving it for later. I am addicted to KA but that book seemed a little more gruesome and dark than..."

Well, read my review...not so much about the book, but about my wrought from reading it

Kristal Mariann wrote: "I didn't read For You~that is the only one I haven't read. I didn't know if I would like it. I was saving it for later. I am addicted to KA but that book seemed a little more gruesome and dark than..."

Check out my reveiw too. I skipped For You and I'm so glad I finally read it. I'm soooo ready for Creed!

Sahara i completely agree with u Wminbc

message 15: by Kristen (last edited Sep 18, 2012 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen I love your heartfelt and honest review, Karia. I really love this comment, Reviewed (passionately) by Me! One thing's for sure, this book brought out so many emotions that no matter our array of feelings, it deserves 5 stars. Not once did KA have to use manufactured drama to get is kind of response out of us! Any book that can make us feel so passionately about it is magnificently written.

Wminbc Kristen wrote: "I love your heartfelt and honest review, Karia. I really love this comment, Reviewed (passionately) by Me! One thing's for sure, this book brought out so many emotions that no matter our array of f..."

Thanks Kristen! I am still in awe that KA would worry about us loving Sylvie...she so totally had me and kept me. The epilogue had me so to her...bottom of my soul. I really wanted to be her dula/lactation helper (nursing nazi that I am)...Loved the story. Waiting (impatiently) for Ally and Ren!

message 17: by Kristen (last edited Sep 18, 2012 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Haha. I loved she was always pregnant.That made me so damn happy, and I loved (view spoiler) I wanted to do a happy dance over that one.

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) Great Review :) This one wasn't my favorite but, I did enjoy it. The epilogue was amazing (as always) it wrapped the story up nicely.

Angela Thank you for this review! I feel it validates my own feelings toward Creed. I had a hard time reconciling his words of love for Sylvie with his actions while they were apart (mainly his marrying and fathering children with another woman) and the fact that not once in sixteen years did he check on her. I mean, really?? Don't get me wrong, I loved the story, I love KA, but Creed and Sylvie just didn't feel like as epic as one would think when two people have been in love with each other since childhood. I'm dealing with some anger toward Creed- but as you said, this is all evidence of a great book!

Wminbc Angela wrote: "Thank you for this review! I feel it validates my own feelings toward Creed. I had a hard time reconciling his words of love for Sylvie with his actions while they were apart (mainly his marrying..."

Angela...totally, right?! Creed is the "Unfinished Hero" for sure...not until the Epilogue did he really start to pull himself out of the doghouse for me...

Kristen, Yes the graveside scene and how he apologized to his dad first, tears! The only thing better would have to concieve a kid on that grave! But the hair (symbolism of the dead cells that are both Creed and Sylvie...loved that part) was so fitting. Her dad was so seethingly jealous since his "it" (Sylvie's mother) wasn't his forever, he had to make sure no one else got a piece of that beauty. So glad for Sylvie that she chased it down, wrangled it and made it hers! Plus, I wanted a frozen Snickers last night!LOL

Karla Wonderfully done! I have different thoughts on the characters, as I loved Creed, but you did an outstanding job explaining your feelings and reasoning!

message 22: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Sep 27, 2012 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Great review Karia!!!! There were enough explaintions (for me to understand) throughout the story to explain his actions. He was a good man and did the stand up thing when he married Chelle and was honest with her about his feelings for Sylvie. I totally get what your saying and respect your take on it.

KatLynne Great and honest review, Karia!

Wminbc Thanks all...Can't wait for the next unfinished hero...

Duchess Nicole "It is only a great book that can evoke that kind of passion and devotion from the reader!"

Totally agree with that statement! I tend to wait to write reviews for a bit, otherwise my love/hate of the characters sometimes overcomes my love/hate of the actual book!

Nice review, though. I think I may need to prepare myself for this one a bit more. Psyche myself out. Maybe that will help.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Wminbc wrote: "Thanks all...Can't wait for the next unfinished hero..."

Me too!!

Wminbc Dorsey wrote: "Wminbc wrote: "Thanks all...Can't wait for the next unfinished hero..."

Me too!!"

Whatcha reading lately, Dorsey??? I was hoping KA was going to write Ren and Ally's story but it seems to be shelved for now???

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Reading "Hyde" right now and really liking it. I had not heard that about R&A book...bummer. maybee because its the final RC Book and she wants to take her time to wrap everything up.....

Wminbc Dorsey wrote: "Reading "Hyde" right now and really liking it. I had not heard that about R&A book...bummer. maybee because its the final RC Book and she wants to take her time to wrap everything up....."

ya, I think so...it was on FB or something she was lining up a bunch of other books for fall releases...will have to double check.

I.Am.Reader Great review!

Wminbc GoodReadsJunkie wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks...will check out yours...did you love?

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Wminbc wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Reading "Hyde" right now and really liking it. I had not heard that about R&A book...bummer. maybee because its the final RC Book and she wants to take her time to wrap everything u..."

Her website still says late summer/fall....we'll just have to wait and see. I'd rather it be later than for her to be rushed with it no matter how anxious I am for some Ren & Ally ;)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Awesome review, Karia! I am so glad you loved it, too!

Wminbc Hello from the other side...that song has been echoing in my head for four days and all I can think of is this book and my anger with Creed all over again...

Wminbc Just as a comment...I learned last week that my ex-boyfriend (who told me I was dead to him and I should consider him dead) named his two children the names we had talked about for our kids...especially the girl's name which is my name! When I read it...I thought of Creed the asshole...so I came to re-read my review...still never gonna re-read this book. But just so wrong to use another woman's names for your kids.