Chloe's Reviews > All Together Dead

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

bookshelves: horror, mystery-crime-thriller, blood-suckers, southern-lit

You know the worst thing about these books? They're like cotton candy. On face they look incredibly filling and satisfying but then you bite into them and the fluffy candy mass turns into so much sugar and you're just as hungry when you're finished as you were when you started. Except now you're out of money and your mom wants you to ride the Ferris wheel with your little sister.

I've devoured all seven of the Sookie books and now I want more, except there aren't any more. Yet. No one should confuse these books for great literature, but they are sure as hell entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Together Dead.

Started Reading
page 108
November 8, 2008 – Finished Reading
June 4, 2009 – Shelved as: blood-suckers
July 7, 2009 – Shelved as: southern-lit

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Charity Well, Book 8 is out, just not in PB until the end of March. :-) Do you think you'll cough up the cash for the HB or are you content to wait with the rest of us? Decisions, decisions.

Chloe Nope. I'm going to buy the Kindle edition. Far cheaper than forking over the cash for a hardcover that I can read in under 12 hours.

Charity Very true. I always forget that you have that gadget!

message 4: by Petal X (new)

Petal X I've just ordered the set of 7!

Chloe You're in for a treat, Petra. These are definitely the best vampire books I've read in years.

Kimmay I love how you compared these books to Cotton Candy. Soooooo accurrate. :O)

message 7: by Kappy (new) - added it

Kappy Concur on the cotton candy comment. I got the Six or seven pack with a 40% off coupon at a big box book store. They're addictive - I finished all of them in about four weeks

message 8: by Max (last edited May 28, 2009 04:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max I suggest if you like these books you should check out "Vampire: The Masquerade". She clearly used that as inspiration for her series. Some of you might like it maybe. I personally didn't care for the game. But her books are entertaining. Some of you might like the Christopher Moore Vampire Books "Bloodsucking Fiends" and "You Suck" if your looking for something.

Sarah Cook and you're sick to your stomach? that's what cotton candy does to me. :o)

message 10: by Mona (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mona F I agree with the cotton candy assessment. It is fun to eat, and it looks like you are getting a lot, but when you are done, you realize you just did not get as much as you wanted and are still hungry for more...in my case that would be more Eric, Bill, and Sam...I just know that when I see that sweet promise of something good, I will gobble up the next book.

message 11: by Rosey (new)

Rosey Whiting You have to be a genious to come up with the cotton candy statement. I love writing, and when I saw your comparison, I just couldn't stop myself from telling you that it was absolutely fabulous. Whether it has anything to do with the book or not, I must pay you the compliment!

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 12, 2010 01:31PM) (new)

Kimmay wrote: "I love how you compared these books to Cotton Candy. Soooooo accurrate. :O) "

I relate to that cotton candy comment also but LOVE them. Cotton candy finally did make me deathly sick.

message 14: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva 2.5 years after your comment I'm reading this book (well, devouring the whole series) and it just perfectly describes how I (and may others) feel about these books. Thanks for this lovely review ;-)

Eva

message 15: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Yes! Eva, I feel EXACTLY the same way!!!
I am now a Sookie junkie. And I'm totally hooked on Eric, um, cotton candy (okay, so same thing) =)

Michelle That is exactly what I'm feeling! I really should not like these books, yet there is something that makes me just want to keep reading!

Tiffany Moody I've been putting off reading this series for years now, as I am an impatient person & hate having to wait a year for each book to come out lol. I like to eat all the cotton candy at one sitting I guess lol. Idk who I would root for in these books tho. I like Sam, but he isn't as attentive as the others, Eric is too bossy & thinks he's entitled to everything, bill betrayed her, but he kinda did that before he knew her, so given time I would forgive that, Quinn sounds super hot & safe (since he doesn't want to eat her, at least not in the literal sense haha) but I was kinda hopin for alcide there for a whole. Guess I'll just have to continue with the series..... Can't rly be dissapointed with any outcome lol....

message 18: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz Lol this made me so happy!! Partly because of how true it was, and partly just how you described it!! I'm almost embarrassed to read these books in public, but oh my gosh they're addicting!!

Danny Zegen Great analogy! I waited until the entire series was finished before starting. I can't believe I'm already over halfway done.