J.'s Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Jul 18, 2012

I've been trying to write a thorough, intelligent review for some time now, and I'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words because I want to do the book justice. There are so many reasons why I enjoyed this book, why it's better than so much other erotica out there, and why it just works, but my brain refuses to compile that into a coherent review that will be useful to anyone and that also is less than five pages long. So for the sake of brevity, here's what you really need to know:

* I loved this book!

* This book is truly different from the typical "lots of (lukewarm) sex scenes + plot as afterthought" kind of erotica that is way too common.

* The characters are real and complex.

* When there is actual sex, it stems from the plot in an organic way, and is never overdone.

* Whether BDSM is your thing or not, you can enjoy this book, because it's not about BDSM. It's about the characters, several of whom happen to live the lifestyle.

* Sex, sexuality, BDSM, and the characters have an intriguing relationship to religion in this book, which I found fascinating.

* The sexy parts were sexy not just because it was sex, but because the book as a whole engaged my biggest erogenous zone: MY BRAIN.

The Siren was a great read that satisfied my love of intelligent fiction, interpersonal relationship complexity and drama, and smart sex. I would recommend it to anyone.

Disclosure: the author gifted me a copy of the ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.

July 18, 2012 – Started Reading
July 18, 2012 – Shelved
July 18, 2012 –
16.0% "A welcome change from some of the erotica out there!"
July 18, 2012 –
16.0% "A welcome change from some of the erotica out there!"
December 25, 2012 –
January 21, 2013 – Finished Reading

Anabelle Bernard Fournier got that suggestion from Scot as well, did ya? It's on my Amazon wishlist now :p

message 2: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. lol actually I've been wanting to reading it for a while! I follow her on Twitter and found Scot through her! :-)

Anabelle Bernard Fournier ah :) dude has been keeping me very... distracted, let's say.