Ian Sharman's Reviews > New Mutants #14

New Mutants #14 by Vita Ayala

New Mutants has kinda' been up and down since it started, but this new creative team (although Reis has already illustrated several issues) really hits the spot.

For one, as much as I dearly love the classic New Mutants team, it's good to have this book now feature some actual new mutants. Sure, many of them have been around for a while, but they're still the new generation of mutants, and this is where they really belong. Of course, the original team is still here, but now they're offering guidance and training.

Gabby is one of my favourite characters, I loved her in the All New Wolverine run, and it's great to not only see her here, but to have her asking awkward questions about clones and resurrection. These are questions that can't continue to be fudged for much longer, and if Gabby actually dies there are going to have to be some hard decisions made.

And then we have the Shadow King...and just what might he be up to? And how might it relate to Karma's nightmares, considering that she was possessed by him for a time?

Only time will tell, but I'm looking forward to getting some answers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Mutants #14.

December 26, 2020 – Started Reading