Gabic Reads's Reviews > Dare You To

Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: for-review-netgalley, reviewed-2013

ARC received via Netgalley. Original review on Gabic Reads

I fell in love with Ryan Stone from the beginning. He's a complete gentleman: he has manners, respect for authority, and always tries to do what's right. Ryan is passionate for the things and people he loves and is extremely loyal. Yet, he also has his flaws.

I adore Beth and Ryan as a couple. Beth is strong and independent, yet broken and scared.Everybody she loves has betrayed her, so she's erected these walls around her heart that nobody can break pass. Until Ryan comes along.

Beth struggle to overcome her co-dependency towards her mother is extremely tough. She knows that if anybody finds out about her mom, she'll be thrown in the foster care system. And who knows what could happen after that. Nobody wants a seventeen year old kid from the system. So she protects her mom at all costs. Even though her mother and her mom's boyfriend abuse her.

Scott, Beth's uncle was her caretaker from the time she was little. Even though he was only twelve at the time. When Beth was six, he promised to return within a year with lots of money they could use to start a better life. Then he never returned.

Watching Beth and Ryan struggle in not only their relationship with each other but also with their families was inspiring. Neither has the best home life, although their lives are worlds apart. Everybody should definitely grab a copy when it is released in May. AND I really hope that Katie writes a book about Luke! I know she's giving Isaiah a story, but I was intrigued by Luke the moment I read about him, and he deserves a story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare You To.

July 18, 2012 – Shelved