Èmina's Reviews > Rain

Rain by L.A. Witt

Jul 18, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m, m-m-erotica, m-m-romance

This it the short sequel to the first book called Rules of Engagement, to be honest this should not have been a sequel...it should have been the ending of the first book in my opinion...the author could have removed some of the many sex scenes from the previous book and added this short one as a ending with few changes.
This one was set 2 years after the first book ended and it did nothing for me, it felt flat and boring.
The fact that the previous book had no real ending or closure was a huge disappointment so I had hoped this one would provide it and it did not...
The theme of these 2 books is a coming out story, the pain, the struggles and the problems that it can cause and inflict on people...yet we saw very little of any of that...very few pages in the last part of the first book and very few in this one...actually a sentence of this books blurb: "Dustin has struggled to come out to his homophobic family and come clean about his relationship with Brandon" is so far from what these two book are about as one can come.

Oh lol by the way...2 years together in a monogamous relationship and they are still using condoms every time they have sex? O_o

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rain.