Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*'s Reviews > The Moon Dwellers

The Moon Dwellers by David Estes

bookshelves: action-adventure, fantasy, romance, young-adult, dystopia, science-fiction
Recommended to Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: David Estes
Recommended for: YA, sci-fi, romance, adventure, drama readers

★★★★★
THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME!
Amazing and epic tale of adventure, rebellion and love!

The Moon Dwellers is a YA science fiction novel and the first in The Dwellers series written by David Estes. I read this as a R2R with Making Connections YA Edition. As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

The Rundown:
The authors blurb does this so well, I won’t try to recreate it. ;)

The Review:
I am in awe at how terrific this story was. The world building and society was unlike anything I’d ever read. Everyone lived underground in pre-constructed and natural occurring caves that were designed and utilized because a meteor destroyed the top level of Earth. The authors attention to the sheer mass and construct it would take to house a society under the Earth came through flawlessly in the telling of this story. The society was made up of three different classes and each had their own separate leaders and rules which harbored corruption and inhumane rules against its people inciting rebellion. But though this was the case, it was amazing to read how the society proliferated!

The writing was poetic and flowed well between the different POV’s of Tristan and Adele, the two main characters. There was an amazing amount of action and adventure throughout every page and it literally kept you hooked and excited to see what would happen next.

The characters were so well done! I LOVED all of them especially Adele who was resilient, fearless and loyal. She was everything you could hope for in a strong female lead.

The Wrap Up:
If I wasn’t already a fan of this author before, I would definitely be now. David Estes is a very talented writer and I am waiting enthusiastically for September (2012) so I can read the next installment of this mind-blowing series. This book left off with a slight cliffhanger with new challenges and new adventures awaiting these remarkable characters. I can’t wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon Dwellers.

July 18, 2012 – Started Reading