Harman's Reviews > Just for Fins

Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

I loved this book! This is the third book in the Fins series. Tera Lynn Childs has written all three books so beautifully. I have loved reading all three! I loved how Tera had made the characters feel so realistic For the Mer people instead of them saying, "i let the dust settle in my mind" she said, "i let the silt settle in my mind." Those little details made the whole book a lot more fun to read. I loved the plot in this book. There were sort of two different plots. One was the one with Quince having to pass the Trials of Truth and the other was the one with the Kingdoms having to struggle with global warming and how poorly humans were treating the oceans. The Trials of Truth were a lot of fun to read. I loved how the 16th glow was in Lily's hair. The last trial was very creative. I wonder what the excuse for their failing would be if Lily hadn't given Quince directions to the Palace. The plot of global warming and the other stuff was interesting and fit this book perfectly. I have seen books try to incorporate that and fail but this book incorporated it perfectly. That Queen just pissed me off. Like get a life. You're mean. Queens are supposed to be nice and not take risk that would put their people in any chance of harm. Exposing the Mer people would just attach mer people to gurneys in scientists labs. I look forward to reading the sequel of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Fins.

July 18, 2012 – Shelved