Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof by Davis Bunn

bookshelves: christianfiction, fantasy, science-fiction, suspense

Burden of Proof starts out with plenty of establishing the setting and main plot thread. This can feel a bit overwhelming or read slowly. Given a chance, the reader becomes drawn in and is taken on quite a journey. Bunn manages this without injecting anything suggestive that would offend sensitive readers and without profanity or impropriety. Even with the fast pace, readers are given enough details to understand the characters and picture the scenes. Overall, the theme is positive and one we could all take to heart. The writing is well-crafted and easy to read. I would not dismiss it too quickly just because it has science fiction elements. You may just miss out on a solid and enjoyable read. I wavered between three and four stars. Three stars (on Goodreads) is "liked it" while four stars is "really liked it" and while I liked it, I feel it should receive four stars as it was well-written and more readers should try something a little different. We received this novel through Revell Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced opinions or encouraged a higher rating. This review is solely my opinion and belongs to me. No other means of compensation were provided.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burden of Proof.

Started Reading