Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > The Love Note

The Love Note by Joanna Davidson Politano

it was ok
bookshelves: christianfiction, romance
Read 2 times

The Love Note is a blend of positives and less intriguing areas. The overall plot is interesting with elements of mystery and romance set in Victorian England. There are several shifts in the plot as the characters search for information about the letter. This allows the reader to learn more about them through both 1st person and 3rd person points of view. This can be an annoyance for some readers. I found a lack of depth and details as well as feeling pulled out of the setting due to the modern way the characters expressed their relationship with God. I also felt there was a lack of authenticity relating to the era. Add in a plethora of over describing everything and overly infusing descriptions of the characters emotions. This works for some readers but I found it way over the top, flowery to the most extreme. The romance aspect between the main characters is nice, although a bit predictable. Overall, setting aside the minor annoyances, this is a fun easy read although, I would not classify it as historical. We received this novel through Revell Publishing in exchange for an honest review. In no way has this influence my opinion, which is solely my own. No other means of compensation were provided.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love Note.

Finished Reading