Anna's Reviews > Such a Rush

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

Jul 18, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: could-have-been-better, had-potential, realistic, romance, teen

I must admit that I was sort of psyched to read this book, because it had so many good reviews, and the cover was gorgeous. But this book disappointed me. I liked it . . . but it was nothing special, and I didn't particularly like any of the characters aside from the deceased Mr Hall.
For one thing, Leah, the main character, is supposed to have been judged many many times by her peers and other people around her, and yet she seems to have no trouble labelling strangers 'whores', when she even previously admits that they don't even look like whores. And it's not just this, it's the fact that she herself is so judgemental. Am I supposed to like her? Because I'm really don't.
The main male character was the biggest douche bag ever, and even though the supposed reason for Grayson's horrible beliefs of her are explained eventually, I found myself wondering if the author actually meant for it to be the reason. Like, what?
And also, Molly is such a terrible friend! Leah already explained to her all the risks and things, and she still went and did what she did! And for once, I have to agree with Leah; she is sort of her charity case. They're just both in denial.
I guess I could understand why people liked it so much, but in my humble opinion, it wasn't that great- at least, not as great as people make it out to be.
That is all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Rush.

Finished Reading