Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > The Conqueror

The Conqueror by Bryan M. Litfin

it was ok
bookshelves: christianfiction, historical-fiction
Read 2 times

Litfin is able to craft an authentic story, remaining true to our understanding of life in Rome around 312 AD. Each scene provides a vivid portrayal of the goings on, especially when it comes to combat, and characters that feel authentic for the era and location. The tension was palpable and the historical content well-researched with a wealth of information for the reader before the story begins. That said, there is also a considerable amount of information throughout the story that pulls the reader away from the characters. I did find the use of modern phrases blended with Roman to be off-putting and making for a frustrating read. Another note, for those who are sensitive to sexual content: there is a considerable amount of sexual content, very young women portrayed in a sexualized manner, immorality, and using sexualized descriptions unnecessarily. I received a complimentary copy of this novel through Revell Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This is my own opinion and belongs solely to me. No other means of compensation have been provided.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Conqueror.

Finished Reading