Clacie's Reviews > Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned

Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda

Jul 17, 2012

bookshelves: audio-book, celebrity, memoir

I grew up watching M*A*S*H re-runs & even my tween self could recognize there was just something about Hawkeye Pierce & the man who brought him to life. I was an instant fan. And while I didn't have posters or follow his career like a hawk, adult me is glad to see him again in movies or on tv. I just happened to come across this while browsing paperbackswap. I wanted to read it right away. I enjoyed learning about his early life. It was especially sad about his mother's mental illness. I can't imagine what that would be like. The snapshots were great too. Alan seems like a nice, well rounded family man. The kind of person you'd want to be friends with. I am still not satisfied & want to know more, so I will definitely be reading his next, Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself.

Narrator Marc Cashman was ok. I really wanted to hear Alan narrate himself. It seems he does the abridged version, but I prefer unabridged, so Marc it was. Luckily Alan narrates the next one! Looking forward to it for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Have Your Dog Stuffed.

July 17, 2012 – Shelved
July 19, 2012 – Started Reading
July 19, 2012 – Shelved as: audio-book
July 19, 2012 – Shelved as: celebrity
July 19, 2012 – Shelved as: memoir
July 19, 2012 –
13.0% "I have had a crush on Alan Alda ever since I was a kid watching M*A*S*H, and I still do. Is that weird?"
July 19, 2012 –
30.0% "I really wish he did his own narration for this. At least his next book is read by him."
July 19, 2012 –
50.0% "Just what I've been waiting for...M*A*S*H!!!"
July 19, 2012 – Finished Reading