Karin's Reviews > Stargazer

Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Nov 07, 2008

bookshelves: youngadult, vampires, 2009-reads
Read in February, 2009

Bianca is determined to make it through the year even though without Lucas it is going to be hard. She has made it her mission to find out why Evernight is accepting human students so Lucas can tell his superiors and his mission will be complete. Evernight is completely safe and she wants the Black Cross, a group of vampire hunters, to back off and drop their investigation.

Bianca’s vampire instincts are getting closer to the surface. She needs more and more blood to stay satisfied and her parents say it is only a matter of time before she takes the final step and kills for the first time to become a true vampire. The trouble is, Bianca doesn’t know if that is what she wants.

Things aren’t as they seem in Bianca’s life. Secrets are being kept from her at the same time she is keeping secrets from others. In order to maintain any kind of relationship with Lucas, she must rely on Balthazar for help to get on and off campus. On one of their outings, Bianca is approached by a troubled female vampire who is being hunted by the Black Cross. It turns out she is Balthazar’s sister and once he learns she is out there, he is desperate to find her and bring her back to Evernight for safety. Charity, Balthazar’s sister, isn’t cooperative though and causes trouble for everyone.

Add in some major ghostly hauntings and you have a sequel that rivals its predecessor. STARGAZER is just as engaging as EVERNIGHT. My emotions went right along with Bianca’s. You’ll feel her need for love and blood just as she does. STARGAZER doesn’t disappoint and it looks like it is only going to get better in the books that follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargazer.

02/11/2009 page 116
01/14/2017 marked as: read

Angela I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to read what happens next!

Karin I'll be sending it your way in a couple of days.
Thanks again for letting me borrow it.
SpeedReader wrote: "I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to read what happens next!"

Kassandra I really enjoyed the books but the third one is kind of disappointing. which is unfortunate. the fourth is still a little disappointing but i guess u get used to it lol

Karin Yeah, I was really disappointed by the 3rd one and haven't even read the 4th one yet. I think I'm going to skip to BALTHAZAR. I've always like him.

Kassandra haha good idea i would have done the same thing had i known but now that im towards the end of the last book it's not so bad. It's ending kind of cute. but your plan sounds good too lol