Babs's Reviews > Trail of Vengeance

Trail of Vengeance by Amanda Brenner

1970552
Jul 17, 2012

bookshelves: western, romance

Charlie Cross got news of his brother being dead. He heads to the town where the hanging took place. Along the way, he runs into Hank Dawson who is on his way to find a job at a ranch. Little do they know they are going to meet up again after making friends one night. Charlie learns his little brother was hung for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's bound and determined to make everyone who's involved pay for what they have done. Hank does get a job at a ranch and becomes close with the boss. As romance starts to bloom between Hank and the owner of the restaurant. The boss tells him of the hanging and what happened. Everyone who was involved is ending up dead and he will be next. Hank ends up finding Charlie and they meet again. What about his fiancé and job? What about Charlie? What will happen now?

A great western read, a bit of mystery, romance and suspense. I enjoyed turning the pages to find out what happens. The characters are well-formed and the banter is worth reading. Charlie and Hank have issues to work out but who will succeed? The setting is perfect as you can picture yourself right along in the daily chores and happenings. This is one author I have added to my watch list so I can read more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of Vengeance.