Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Creed

Creed by Kristen Ashley

I just feel so bad Photobucket This is the first KA book that I didn't adore, and where I skipped pages just to see the ending *gasp*

Sylvie - she was GREAT! I loved her and the fact that she was a badass! I wish there were more tough heroines like her Photobucket I really felt for her, what she went through, she waited for him and he didn't show up, and everything that happend with her after that - just awfull. But sometimes I just didn't understand her actions, considering everything and all, after she found out about the kids names, I mean what???? I wouldn't forgive him for that, and even before he explained it to her, they ended up having wild sex and making a schedule for more Photobucket Seriously? I just don't understand that Photobucket So right after all is explained, she pretty much stops being a badass O_o Sure, there was one scene with some action near the end but that was it, I just stopped feeling her as a tough-ass b*tch working for a pimp.

Creed - He was pretty much anoying from the start and I didn't seem to be able to make myself love him like the other KA heroes even after all was explained. He was OK I guess, but just OK.

Romance - I'm a sucker for it, and in this book there virtually wasn't any, well only in the scenes when they were kids/teenagers, but that just doesn't count cause it isn't the present and that won't make me like the new Creed and Sylvie. Seduction? Not here either. They just went directly for sex and didn't stop doing it till the end XD Sexual tension? Nope, not here either, as I said they just skipped that right for the sex. I get that this was supposed to be erotica, but I've read some erotic novels myself, and some left me hot and bothered (that was the point right?), but only if I could connect myself with them. Sometimes, one touch, one look, a word is enough so you feel the chemistry between the main characters. With 6-7 orgasms you just feel they're exausted Photobucket

The story was good, there were some very intense moments (mostly Sylvie, cause she's the only one I was able to connect to), the shock after she finds out what happened, that was horrible, when they fight because of the kid's names (before the sex), all her nightmares were just awfull. But right after the time they finally got together and figured things out, it got boring for me. I guess I wanted more angst or something, or just them not being together so soon lol, yeah I'm messed up XD

Sorry KA, I love you and all your books, but I just didn't feel this one like I did with the others Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creed.

July 17, 2012 – Shelved
September 15, 2012 – Started Reading
1.0% "*S-Q-U-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*"
September 15, 2012 –
15.0% "He has two kids?? I don't like that. This is pretty intense so far :O"
September 15, 2012 –
30.0% "This is so very intense :O I really like Sylvie, although I doubt a lot of people will, but it's refreshing that she's a badass :) Creed! I don't know what to say! With the names, gah, even with his explanation I don't approve! Just one thing doesn't make sense and i don't understand sylvie about that - why would she hook up with Creed so fast? And after everything??? I just wouldn't in a million years!"
September 15, 2012 –
51.0% ""I could think on the fly better than anyone he’d ever seen, including during his stint in the Marines. I could cast a mean lure. And last, I was better than Marion in that arctic bar in Raiders of the Lost Ark during a one-on-one drinking contest."\n \n Ahahahaha I LOVE Indiana Jones!"
September 16, 2012 –
67.0% "I don't believe this :O He has an ex that's NOT a bitch :O :O That's a first looooooool refreshing though"
September 16, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)

~*~JenJenBoBin Saturday!!! <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* I know! Can't wait! Ohh now I'm glad I didn't read the working chapters, it would drive me mad!

Duchess Crystal Cousin's wedding or stay home and read Creed....hmmmm.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Really tough choice :S lol!

Duchess Crystal I know. Amanda and I will probaly bust out our Kindles during the ceremony and again at the reception. Lol.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Ahahaha well good luck with that XD

Kristen I'm with you Blacky. I'm not liking where this is going. There is no love just hate and I hate that she did that with him. WTF? Im not impressed with him either. Like at all!

Nicole Even after finishing the book, she let him get away with a lot really quick! Especially the names, that's a HUGE hell no.

Kristen Nicole wrote: "Even after finishing the book, she let him get away with a lot really quick! Especially the names, that's a HUGE hell no."

You finished? Did you like the book?

message 10: by Nicole (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole Nicole wrote: "Even after finishing the book, she let him get away with a lot really quick! Especially the names, that's a HUGE hell no."

Yes, I had the whole day to myself so I kicked back. I liked it but not as much as Knight. There were certain things that didn't work for me and it had nothing to do with the dark/erotic part instead just the Sylvie & Creed's insta-love.

message 11: by Kristen (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Did you feel his reason for leaving was good enough? Did you feel he really adored her like KA says he does? I'm not at all convinced. Like at all. I still have a long ways to go though.

message 12: by Ame (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ame I felt his reasons were good... but you have to read the whole thing to see it.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I'm near the half of the book and some things aren't explained I guess, but the names, definite no. I wouldn't get over that. And with him leaving her, still don't get it even after it was explained, ok the month thing I get, but what after that? 16 years????

message 14: by Ame (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ame She got over it, I got over (really quickly actually if I take into count how much grudge I sometimes have had against KA heros;)... but the explanations come slowly through the book.... I get why he would stay I away....

message 15: by Nicole (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole Blacky wrote: "I'm near the half of the book and some things aren't explained I guess, but the names, definite no. I wouldn't get over that. And with him leaving her, still don't get it even after it was explaine..."

Exactly. The last couple of chapters and epilogue made me more satisfied (and hopefully will for you) but I still don't get how some things were glossed over like it was nothing. A real alpha will never let his woman go over something like that. To protect her from real danger maybe but not because of his reasoning. And 16 years? He got married 4 years after leaving her and during any of that time he could have looked her up and would have never stop looking. But I did warm up to the book and enjoy it.

Kristen Okay. Thank you. We're all jumping to conclusions and haven't finished the book yet. Lol. Guess that says what an awesome storyteller KA really is.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah that's what's bugging me, ok, I won't go into detail but he had to leave her right, I understand, he was young and that was just terrible, but to never ever look her up in the next 16 years??? Seriously???

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kristen wrote: "Okay. Thank you. We're all jumping to conclusions and haven't finished the book yet. Lol. Guess that says what an awesome storyteller KA really is."

Ahahaha yeah XD And I get you about Joe, she knows how to make us hate then love a character <3 Cal's my fav from the burg series most definitely, and he was an ass the first half of the book loooool

message 19: by Kristen (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Oh my gosh, I'm just laughing at us because we all have three or four conversation about Creed going on between us on a few different Creed status updates (did that even make sense? Lol) I'm having a hard time remembering what I said on whose Creed status update. Hahaha.

Blacky *Romance Addict* yeah I know ahahahaha well this is good right, the book is talked about and that's the point, wether it's good or bad talking XD You know what they say, ANY publicity is good publicity XD

Kristen True. Haha.

Delilah Thanks for the honest review.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I'm not against explicit, not at all heheheh but in here there just wasn't any feeling to it, they see each other and the next scene, he's pounding her in the bed. Not hot at all. When I was at 50% i thought I'd give it 4 stars. Then there was 3, and when I started skipping it came down to two. I'm just sorry cause I so love KA :((

Heller Really good review, Blacky. Not my favorite from KA either.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Heller. I just wish I liked it more, damn :(

message 26: by Kristen (last edited Sep 16, 2012 02:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Oh no. You dropped it to 2 stars. That has me worried now. You kept me hold on. Lol. I'm actually loving it right now but I'm only at 50%. I agree with you about the sex scenes. I prefer the way KA writes them in her regular series. I think all she has to do is write them how she normally does just add little more detailed, that all. I thought At Peace and Lady Luck were very erotic. If she wants to add a bit of bondage or kink, like backdoor lovin, she can doing what she's already doing. Nice and honest review, hun.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I prefer the way KA writes them in her regular series. I think all she'd have to do is write them how she normally does just make it a little more detailed that all.

Yes you're right, her normal scenes are pretty hot, but I guess it all has to do with the book and the characters, if you don't have any chemistry between them you can go as detailed as you won't but it still won't be hot.

Yeah I dropped it, cause I read the last 20% of the book in 20 minutes lol, I just didn't care anymore, had to finish it. Damn :(

Michelle [Helen Geek] I appreciate the honesty. I'm going to try this one next week. Just too much going right now, but am enjoying seeing what other think.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I hope you'll like it Michelle. I don't think it's that bad, it just didn't work for me like all her other books :(

Michelle [Helen Geek] KA is hit or miss for me. If I like it, I really like it. If I don't, it is usually a DNF or a disturbing component I can't get past [like Knight]. I'll read it just to see. She is a bit inconsistent, but I LOVE that she is willing to try new things with her talent. When she does that you can't expect everyone will like it. So, maybe next time.

~*~JenJenBoBin Seems either people are giving it 2 stars or 5 .... interesting. I am over 60% now just started reading again ... house is quiet(er) anyway. :) I am liking where I am right now I hope it stays that way for me. I think this is similar to how folks felt about Knight when it first came out? I saw several folks re-read it and upped their reviews the second go around. I guess I will see... heard the epilogue is epic so gonna make sure to read that ... nothing tops a KA epilogue!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah I guess it's from person to person, a lot of people gave it 5 stars as I can see, and that's good, I just think this doesn't work for me :( Oh well, lucky me, KA has about 30 books I will happily re-read <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Lisa. Oh well I guess I can't love every single book by her, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

message 34: by AJ8 (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ8 Blacky...I am with you I love KA but this book there was something missing or something not right. I did like it but didn't LOVE it! maybe next time??

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah :) I'm still definitely reading Raid :)

KatLynne Nice, honest review Blacky! I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I know how frustrating that can be:)

Wminbc The kids names did me in...seriously, I wanted to kick that ****** in the pants and walk out! Uggg, I was so hurt for Sylvie and the fact that she loves kids and he gave them to someone else. And then he tells her, that he was "it" for his ex...just like Sylvie was his "it"...Who the heck cares about your ex!!! Not me!

Blacky *Romance Addict* KatLynne wrote: "Nice, honest review Blacky! I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I know how frustrating that can be:)"

Yeah, but the worst part was that this wasn't frustrating for me, it was kinda boring, what can I say, I skipped the last 20% just to see the end.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wminbc wrote: "The kids names did me in...seriously, I wanted to kick that ****** in the pants and walk out! Uggg, I was so hurt for Sylvie and the fact that she loves kids and he gave them to someone else. And ..."

Yup, I couldn't get past that even with his explanation. I just don't understand her and the fact that they had sex right after she found that out. Just doesn't get into my heat at all.

message 40: by Jill (new)

Jill Great and honest review, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jill wrote: "Great and honest review, Blacky!"

Thanks Jill ;)

message 42: by Nathalie (new)

Nathalie Great review hun!! I giggled a couple of times through it :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol thanks Nat!

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag Sorry you didn't like it!! :(

Blacky *Romance Addict* I am too :( I adore KA but I just couldn't get into this book :(

Baba  Great and honest review, Blacky! I absolutely loved your romance part of your review. You know how I feel about this book--I totally agree!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Baba, and I know exactly how you feel. Oh well, hope the next one will be better lol

Baba  Blacky wrote: "Thanks Baba, and I know exactly how you feel. Oh well, hope the next one will be better lol"

LOL Hope so too. :-) X

Glamdring Great review, Blacky! I'm sorry this one didn't work for you. It's funny how a book can be perceived differently.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah, well every person is different, it's just how it is. I'm sorry I didn't like it, I'm a huge KA fan <3 Hope the next one will be better (for me anyway lol)

« previous 1