Stephanie Fischer's Reviews > Paris in Love

Paris in Love by Eloisa James

Jul 17, 2012

When I first stumbled upon Eloisa James' memoir, it was because of an excerpt in Good Housekeeping magazine (yes, I read my mother's magazines. I am not ashamed!). Anything concerning Paris always sparks my attention, so I curiously finished reading the excerpt. By the end of it, I knew I needed to buy the book and read it.

The experiences of Eloisa James in Paris were hilarious, heartwarming, and full of life. I adored the way that she wrote little scenarios down, like snippets of a wide and complex web of life. The connection I felt with her husband, her daughter Anna, and son Luca was rather shocking, as I found myself winding my way into their personal moments like a silent ghost in a splendid memory.

The only true complaint is that I felt, at times, like the moments were too good to be true. They fell so perfectly together that you have to wonder if they were carefully structured and written delicately that way.

Overall, James made me laugh, think, feel, and savor the beauty of life... Especially a Parisian life.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paris in Love.