Bree Hill's Reviews > Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion by Nina Singh

bookshelves: holiday-romances, romance, woc-romance

"He was the man he had left her to become."

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion by Nina Singh is the childhood sweethearts second chance Christmas romance with a dash of travel and the ONE BED trope sprinkled on top..one bed in a romantically decorated Parisian hotel-between Izadora and Zayne. These two were a thing once upon a time..until they weren't. One day Zayne just left with no explanation. Well, he's returned to his small Napa Valley town after his aunt has passed away and left him her winery, but only half of it. The other 50% belongs to Izadora aka Izzy. She leaves them both the message that they "need each other."

I don't really have any cons with this one. It's less than 200 pages, a Harlequin romance, so I went in knowing what I was going to get. We get straight to the point to make everything come together in a short amount of time. For so long, Izadora has harbored the hurt and disappointment of the love of her life just leaving with no explanation. As the reader you are privy to why Zayne left and this secret looms for basically the entire book; Izzy doesn't learn the reason why until the end--I'll give you a hint; small town bad boy falls in love with the driven, determined smart girl and could totally be a distraction. Zayne goes away and gets his shit together to become the kind of man Izzy deserves but because of the LIES about himself he has grown to believe based off how he was raised; absent father, mother who took off to travel the world leaving him to be bounced around from family member to family member-even though he has his crap together there is this fear of still not being good enough for her.

For Izzy, she's this character who has been living her life with the cards being dealt to her without really knowing the cards were even being dealt. Decisions that affected her, were made for her without her even knowing it.

"her insides were shaking. He was really here, standing before her. Her first love, the one who'd crushed her heart when he'd just up and left town on a sudden whim. She hadn't been enough to keep him nearby."

This is what this book tackles and so much more in less than 200 pages. It's a story with a lot of threads to it and everything comes together nicely in the end. I really have come to adore second chance romances especially when it has that childhood sweetheart spin to it. I'm definitely looking forward to more from Nina Singh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion.

December 21, 2020 – Shelved