Melyssa Dawn Michaels's Reviews > The Compelled

The Compelled by L.J. Smith

Jul 17, 2012

Read on July 28, 2012

From the first day I picked up my very first Vampire Diaries book, back before the show was even a thought in anyone's mind, I always wanted to hear more back story on the brothers Salvatore. Within these 6 books, I got a piece of what I was searching for.

Yes, these books are written with more of the show history in mind, but what doesn't change from the original books to the show is the way the brothers interact with one another. Reading these books was like taking a walk through episodes of the show, but it was also like being a fly on the wall and seeing just how much these brother's do love each other, even if they continue to deny it.

It was well written, and quite easy to get lost in, in the manner that I didn't want to put it down for a second. It continues from the 5th book, where the brothers are fighting against the stronger, older vampire of Samuel, Damon still on the hook for the "Ripper" murders and at its conclusion, you feel like cheering. There's a mixture of witches, mortals, and vampires, in just the right dose.

I would recommend reading this book if you are fan of the supernatural. It has every element you can imagine and keeps you hooked the entire time. Not to mention after reading all six of these, I think I'm enjoying seeing Stefan's start and history as a vampire, with Damon along for the ride in true Damon fashion =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Compelled.

message 1: by Imelda (new)

Imelda Elena se queda con damon?