Kat's Reviews > Curse the Dawn

Jul 17, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, urban-fantasy
Read from July 24 to 27, 2012

Basic Plot: Cassie needs to solidify her position as Pythia, but people keep trying to kill her. She also needs to prevent Apollo from entering the world and causing mass destruction.

More manic pacing, more body switching, and lots of running from certain death. This time there are drag queens, though.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this book. In reading other reviews, I see that a lot of people have problems with the comedy relief, though I actually liked it. I do concur with other readers that I do NOT like the way Mircea was portrayed in this book, whether it was a change in character or just his logical progression, I did not like seeing him as a controlling jerk. Too cliche and not at all in character for Cassie to stay with him when he's acting that way. Her attraction to Pritkin continues to baffle me. He has no redeeming romantic qualities. And here I am talking about the love triangle as if it were the main plot, which irritates me further. I don't like books where the focus is romance. Now, romance wasn't really the main point here, but there was quite a bit of relationship worry in the book. Hopefully the resolution of the book will see the pace of Cassie's life slow down a bit in the next volume, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curse the Dawn.