Cindi's Reviews > Bran's Story

Jul 17, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, m-m, series, free
Recommended to Cindi by: Kesha
Read on July 17, 2012

To me, this is more of an introduction. Bran's story is told well but almost the entire length of the book is describing everyone else around him. Sure it is told from his point of view but (as another reviewer mentioned) most of what Bran did was observe. I've also read where someone said that there is quite a bit of sex in this. Maybe what I normally read is total smut but I did not find that to be the case at all. There are sexual situations throughout the book but I did not find them to be excessive.

I adored Bran, a sex slave. I felt total sympathy for everything the poor kid went through. He had had two masters who were abusive. He had run away one time too many so he was sold to Holden and Alix, also known as the Slave Breakers. They were to take him to their home to be trained and then sold to another master. I will say right off that I could not stand Holden or Alix from the get-go. I tried. I really did. The same applied to their daughter, Valor. Yves, I loved. He was perfect. (view spoiler)

I had a difficult time keeping up with who was who at times because so many different characters and previous slaves and previous lovers, etc. kept appearing and a couple of the back stories were confusing as hell. Once I got them figured out, it was fine. It just took me a bit to get there.

In spite of all of that, I really did enjoy this. This is a good beginning (introduction, as I said) to what I am sure will be a very good series. My rating and review will possibly change as I read the others in the series. I am glad to see that Bran and Holden will be in the others quite a bit. I really need to see more interaction between the two before I can really form an opinion on the two of them as a whole.

Good story. I will definitely be jumping into the second one soon.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bran's Story.

Kesha What do you think so far?

Cindi Kesha wrote: "What do you think so far?"

So far, so good. I'm only at 21% so the story is only now getting started. Thanks for the recommendation.

Kesha You are welcome. I wasn't sure about it. I get nervous recommending books.

Cindi So do I. I was real nervous recommending the two that I picked for you. You don't know the relief I felt when you actually liked them. What I may like, others may hate.

Kesha I know...I just didn't want a 'Kesha's fault' shelf in your profile LOL

Cindi LOL!!!! I only did that to Neyra as a joke and she knew I was going to do it in advance (C'mon... it was the Fifty Shades book! lol). I need to delete that shelf. You don't have anything to worry about.

Cindi .... anyway, I've already listed you as the one who recommended this so no new shelf necessary! lol

Kesha LOL