Jenny E's Reviews > Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

4620170
Jul 16, 2012

Read from July 16 to 18, 2012

This was a really cute ADULT YA book about friends to lovers. I absolutely adored Sam. SAM!! The dialogue was great and funny and real. I could definitely picture these characters vividly. They just jumped off the page!

I gave this four stars because while this book had so many things going for it, I didn't like that it switched back and forth each chapter between POV. Totally my preference ... I would've liked the whole book from Sam's POV, because while I didn't *not* like Ally, I just liked Sam more and I got a little confused and had to look back to see whose POV it was because the "voices" seemed sort of similar. There was a lot of dialogue. Although one could argue that with it switching back and forth you can get in the mind of each character, I don't know...I was just really partial to Sam. I would've like more background on him. I found myself really looking forward to his chapters more.

I think I'm way out of the targeted age bracket for this book and definitely had to shut the "mom brain" off to read this, cringing as they bed hopped their way to their HEA. There were no graphic sex scenes, but it was understood that that's what they'd been up to, and I found myself fretting over whether kids really treat sex so casually these days at that age and determining the best way to lock my 14-year-old daughter away until she's like 30.

It was a great change of pace from I'm reading now, funny and entertaining, not like anything I've read in a while, and while I sometimes felt sort of old and prudy while reading it, it was a few hours well spent :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls.

message 1: by ... (new) - rated it 4 stars

... I think my kids are still young enough that I was able to enjoy this. I remember what I was doing as a senior in high school, and while it wasn't bed hopping, it wasn't innocent, either. LOL