Sam's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Rules of Attraction is the sequel to Perfect Chemistry, a fan favorite around the world. Full of to-die-for romance and exciting characters, fans of the first book will eat this one up!

This book is about Alex's younger brother, Carlos, who just can't stop getting into trouble. Carlos Fuentes is sent to live with his brother in America with specific orders from his mother to not get into any trouble. But when he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl with nothing but good grades, Carlos can't help but feel drawn to her. Carlos knows he could never have her but no one can stop him from going after what he wants after he's set his eye his prey.

After I found out that Perfect Chemistry had a sequel I just had to read it. I never expected to enjoy this one as much as the first, but I did. Carlos Fuentes is just as entertaining and good-looking as Alex. It was great to see that Alex and Brittany still play a part in the story. And the plot? It will keep you hooked until the end. The romance? Unforgettable.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book; they were all so funny and made me laugh hysterically! Simone Elkeles really does know how to develop some lovable characters. I fell in love with all of them, especially Kiara. She's strong and trusting, she tries her best in everything she does and will stand up for what she thinks is right. I loved reading about her relationship with Carlos. He is an ENDLESS flirt! That's definitely one thing I love about the Fuentes brothers. I liked how Kiara and Carlos got to know each other and bonded throughout the book.

If you have not heard of Simone Elkeles or read any of her books then this is all I have to say to you: WHAT PLANET HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING ON?! She is one of the best YA contemporary authors around. Be ASHAMED!

Overall, Rules of Attraction is a very worthy sequel that I think all fans of YA contemporary should buy and read as soon as possible, but I would advise you to read the first book to get to know the characters a bit better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.