Shanice Singh's Reviews > The Villain

The Villain by L.J. Shen

Cillian (or The Villian as the media likes to call him) is perfect. The perfect son. The perfect businessman. But he is also an awful human being.
When all the bad press gets to be too much, Cillian has to either marry to soften his icy, unfeeling image or risk losing the business he gave up so much for.
Persy Penrose is whimsical and kind- the total opposite of Cillian. She has also been in love with Cillian since the moment she first set eyes on him.
When Persy needs money to pay off her deadbeat ex-husband's debts, she turns to Cillian.
The two of them strike a bargain- he will pay off the debt in return for Persy playing the role of the perfect wife and providing him with heirs.
Their sham of a marriage comes with an NDA and a very long contract that both eventually start breaking.
I loved returning to the world of Boston and I especially enjoyed seeing Hunter once more. Cillian was a difficult character to like in "Hunter" and I actually despised him. Surprisingly, it only took one chapter from this book to endear him to me.
I definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a romance book that you won't be able to put down.
L.J Shen is a gem and this book is no different!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Villain.

December 15, 2020 – Started Reading