Erleen Alvarez's Reviews > Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Jul 16, 2012

bookshelves: humor, young-adult

Review was first posted on Books For YA!

Sam Cruz is your typical player who doesn't like commitments, while on the other hand, his bestfriend, Ally is the opposite. But after Ally got dumped by her long time boyfriend(on her birthday!) she wanted to change herself and asked Sam to teach her his ways. Sam found an opportunity to finally solve his long-time problem about why can't can't chicks be more like guys in Ally's proposition. And so there begins the hilarious and romantic journey of Sam and Ally from the best-friend zone to the more-than-friends valley.

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls is, by far, my most favorite romance comedy of 2012. It was fun to read Ally and Sam's thoughts as they alternatingly told the story from their perspective. They both have a great sense of humor and a ridiculous sarcasm that can make you like them so much. I found myself laughing a few times because of this. And by the way, if you haven't heard of the penguin joke, you have to read this book.

I would definitely recommend this to Young Adults age 18 and above because, although this is set in high school, the language used in this book is a bit sexy for the younger reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls.

July 16, 2012 – Started Reading