Mary Gilligan-Nolan's Reviews > The Coffin Trail

The Coffin Trail by Martin Edwards

Jul 15, 2012

Read from January 15 to 17, 2013

I am always on the look out for a new author and this one was yet another Goodreads recommendation. I am happy to say, this was a great read, just what I love in a book. The main story is about a historian, Daniel Kind, who goes to the Lake District with his partner Miranda and revisits a cottage he once knew in his childhood and finds it is for sale. They buy it on an impulse and decide to give up their City Lives and move to the Lakes. The Cottage was once owned by a boy Daniel befriended when he went their as a child on holiday with his family and this boy, as an adult, was thought to have murdered a tourist and laid her body on the Sacrifice Stone. Barry (his friend), died on that very same night and Daniel could never believe Barry was capable of being a murderer. So, he starts asking some questions and the locals are non too pleased at his digging around in what they believe was an open and shut case. A cold case team have been recently set up, headed by Hannah Scarlett, who actually worked under Daniel's father, now deceased, and Hannah is also drawn into looking into the details of the 10 year old case, after Daniel's questions prompt someone to make an anonymous call to the police. I really liked this book and am happy to see, there are at least four others in this series. I eagerly await the next one to arrive into my local library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coffin Trail.